Sunday, November 14, 2010

Question: Friend of God?

So lately I've been hearing this song on the radio successively the last three or four days, "I am a friend of God" I am honestly not sure who wrote it. Most Christians have heard it and it is the kind of song that keeps on playing in your head after the radio has moved on. Even so, after I had sung it over and over the word didn't really sink in. Finally today I realized what the song was saying, I was bewildered. Never before had I heard I was a "friend" of God. So I broke out esword and looked it up. :P The only place it referred to God as a "friend" was in regards to Abraham. For most parents, having their child call them "friend" would be looked down upon.

Among the many names God, he is called Father, not friend. What do you think of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment